lørdag 16. juni 2012

All I want for summer is...

PEACE.

Meaning some real quiet time with no obligations and no stress preparing for exams or such. Time and space to read other things than university assigned books, and time to properly relax. And of course I want to travel, preferably to a far away exotic country where there is nothing else to do than sleeping and walking around.

What I have planned and appointed myself to do instead is: WORK.

Last week I went away for a short trip to the UK. This was my first time traveling alone, and it was by plane and train (Oops, unintended rhyming, son!)
It was surprisingly easier that I had imagined  (Might have to do with the very organized railroad system in London, and for the fact that English was the main language spoken everywhere.) So there I was, vividly reminded of the Harry Potter movies (You know, the 9 3/4 platform and awesome train coupes.)
Ok, so maybe it wasn't exactly like that, the train was more like the one in that Mr Bean movie, where he goes on a vacation...
The trip it self was nice. I got to shop a little, eat stuff and experience real windy and rainy English weather. It lasted for about 3 days (wow!) and would have been "perfect" if me and my friend's return route wasn't
 f**** up by Ryanair's stupid rules and regulations about baggage and hand luggage. We basically were both fined because of minor deviations from their normal rules. And don't get me started on how unfair their hand luggage check is!I was one of four people (out of ca. 100 people) in line who had to put my suit case in that stupid luggage measurement thingy! And of course it was A BIT larger than the mold.

Anyways, lessons learned:
1. Always pack light. Especially if you are traveling with Rynair.
2. You don't need five different outfits for a three day long stay in a country where an umbrella is the most important item at hand. lol.
3. Weigh your baggage before sending it off (This one applies to my friend who sadly had to throw away a lot of stuff, rather than paying a lot of money to keep them :)
4. If you are not a superwoman/energizer-bunny-esque person, don't sign up to go to work 7.45 am the day after. At least not after having traveled on foot, train and plane for a day and a half. (Sleeping on the cold airport ground was not the best idea we had, though sleeping on a very comfortable couch at some airport cafe was "awesome".
5. Remember to set your phone on local time when your back home. I forgot this in the haze of wanting sleep, and ended up waking up later than planned and coming late to work.

So basically I am tired. And I have been ever since I finished my last exams after a somewhat alternative spring semester and after returning from that short trip to going straight to work. But I am feeling better today, thanks to sleeping in and after looking forward to a lazy weekend with only books to read and tv-shows to watch and most importantly sleep! So for the next seven weeks (with one week off) I will go to work everyday, putting on my best customer friendly face, and chatting awkwardly with my coworkers in between breaks...


... When id rather be doing more of this:



Pictures: google.com

Ps. I am grateful to be able to work and to earn some money, it is just that the timing this year kinda sucks. Thats all, now don't shoot me or label me as an ungrateful-brat...at least not yet. hah. 

Have a great summer! 







Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar